Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Angels

This Christmas season, as it became evident that a particular family was in need. I put out a call to some friends and family to see if they could help bless this family and meet some of their basic needs.

As a result, I would like to tell you a story.

A teenage girl that I know in a distant town had asked her parents if they would by her a $200 ipod for Christmas. Their response was that they would pitch in half, but that the difference would have to come out of the teen's own money.

On a totally different day, one of my family members happened to informed this teen's mother of the family in need, and this friend wanted to contribute, but needed to discuss it with her spouse before committing.
The mother was reading my plea for help to her husband in their car, with the kids in the backseat.
When they got home, the teen quietly went down to her room and came back up with $100 and said this, "I don't want the ipod for Christmas. I want to help this family instead." The parents then added to that money a very generous amount and sent it with my family member to give to me to pass on.

As my sister recited this story to me, tears ran down my cheeks.

What teenager, who wants an ipod, gives up her Christmas present and gives of her own money on top of that?!?

That girl's heart bleeds love. The kind of love that I wish my heart to bleed.

There are angels in this world.
Apparently they come in the form of a humble, teenage girl.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join in the conversation or post a thought. I strongly believe we can learn from each other.